Ever wanted to grow your own but don’t have the time, the space, or even know where to start? Alice Holden, one of Britain’s most pioneering female growers, has spent her life outdoors working on small and large scales – from kitchen gardens to commercial farms. In this, her first book, she’ll help optimise the space and time available to you – even if it’s a window box and 10 minutes a week.
- Focuses on just 10 vegetables and gives enough basic info to get started
- The basic tools you need to get started
- How to make a raised bed and why you need one
- A recipe for compost
- How to increase your chances of success
- Contains colour photographs and line drawings throughout
- Aimed at busy people short on time and space
- Includes recipes from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and others
The Do Book Company is an independent publishing house based in Shoreditch, London, producing inspirational guidebooks.
Each book is fairly short, about 100 pages, as it focuses on the ‘doing’ rather than the background theory. Concise, practical, visually striking guides that make it easier to Do stuff. We love them!