Let the slow art of preserving become your new favourite pastime – and delight in having nature’s most vibrant flavours and colours in your kitchen. Delicious recipes with a focus on seasonal produce
Combining their experience as cooks, caterers, foragers and farmers, three friends bring you the essential guide to preserving. With techniques and recipes handed-down through the generations and deliciously inventive recipes from their own kitchens, you’ll soon learn:
- A beginner’s guide to the art of preserving: principles, methods and recipes
- Equipment and ingredients you need to get started
- Best preserving agents to use: sugar, vinegar, alcohol, oil and salt
- Over 80 stunning recipes from Green Tomato Chutney to Strawberry Gin Fizz
- Stunning colour photography throughout
The Do Book Company is an independent publishing house based in Shoreditch, London, producing inspirational guidebooks.
Each book is fairly short, about 100 pages, as it focuses on the ‘doing’ rather than the background theory. Concise, practical, visually striking guides that make it easier to Do stuff. We love them!