'The universe is made of stories, not atoms.' - Muriel Rukeyser
Today’s world wants to know you and the real story behind why you do what you do.
Whether you have a product to sell, a company mission to share or an audience to entertain, people are far more likely to engage and connect if you deliver a well-crafted story with an emotional core.
Bobette Buster is a story consultant to major studios including Pixar, Disney and Sony Animation. In Do Story she teaches the art of telling powerful and engaging stories. With profiles of activists, leaders and visionaries, she shares a variety of styles and subjects to demonstrate her Ten Principles of Storytelling. Find out
- How to source, structure and shape your story
- Learn the 10 Principles of Storytelling that will take your story from good to great
- Practical exercises to help you start writing your story.
- The power of the 'gleaming detail'
- Why an emotional connection is key
- Newly updated and expanded for 2018 with new chapters on Steve Jobs and Yvon Chouinard
The Do Book Company is an independent publishing house based in Shoreditch, London, producing inspirational guidebooks.
Each book is fairly short, about 100 pages, as it focuses on the ‘doing’ rather than the background theory. Concise, practical, visually striking guides that make it easier to Do stuff. We love them!